Thursday, January 15, 2015

No need to Earn Again if you have 20 Million INR in India

Some Surveys suggest that Humans spend almost 85% of their thinking time in assuming things that might not ever happen in their life time! (Source: Go Search Yourself) Well, that’s true… Have you ever thought any of the followings when you were sitting idle, while watching a movie, while riding or at least when you were in the bathroom?

What if a dinosaur appears all of a sudden in the real world?
What if there is a Zombie Apocalypse?
What if I get to see the real end of the world and I am one of the very few survivors?
What If the most beautiful girl in the office (School or College) comes and proposes?
What if I get supernatural powers like Jedi in the movie Star wars?
What if a group of terrorists suddenly show up in the School or Company you work and how would you save all?

And Finally….

What if I happen to get huge stack of money (like in a Full Truck or a Very big Bank Locker) so that I never have to work or earn again?

If you ever though about any of these questions, welcome to the club!

In this article, I would like to share one of my thoughts through which I’ve wasted several hours.
The last question in the above set of examples, to rephrase it

How much money one really needs to spend his entire lifetime without earning again?


And when I had a brainstorm (about something that might never happen) with my friends while boozing, the final decision to which all my friends agreed is INR 2 Crores, according to 20 Million INR .

Assumptions

Here are the assumptions;
1 – I am an Indian
2 – I don’t like to work again
3 – All that I am yearning for is an upper middle class life
4 – My IQ is equal to someone who passed a High School
5 – I’ve got 2 Crores from nowhere
  

Action Plan

The following considerations, you better understand if you are from India (Pricings, Banks Interests etc.)

For universal understanding, I haven’t mentioned the brands and organization’s names.
Out of 2 Crores I have, The First thing I am going to do is Spend 1 Crore for the most basic needs.

1.       An Individual House in a Metropolitan city - Starts from 45 lakhs in the outer skirts and the price increases as you move towards the heart of the city up to 2 Crores.
Now for an upper middle class family a 2BHK villa you can spend – 60 Lakhs (6 Million INR)

2.       A Car – Not a hatchback but a Sedan – 8 Lakhs (800 thousand INR)
3.       A Bike – Pretty decent bikes starts from 80 thousand INR – Let’s say I spend a Lakh

Now out of 1 Crore I’ve spent 69 Lakhs, remaining amount – 31 Lakhs.

4.       I would like to marry a girl and live happily ever after (another assumption)
Marriage Expenses – Bachelor’s Party, Engagement, Marriage and Reception – 8 Lakhs

5.       Let’s assume you spend 3 Lakhs to fill your family’s wardrobe with dresses and related accessories. Remaining amount – 20 Lakhs
6.       Indian women will always go crazy about gold ornaments – Bash! – 15 Lakhs for 60 Sovereigns
7.       What’s left out is 5 Lakhs and you are married with a Car, Bike and a Villa in a Metropolitan city

Offff!!! Half of the life is over or in other words “Life has just started!!”

What can you do with the remaining 1 Crore and 5 Lakhs and at least 50 years of remaining life with lots and lots of responsibilities in terms of family, friends and relatives?

This is the tricky part where you have to spend a little time researching about banks and interest rates they provide for fixed deposits!

Based on my research, the highest interest rate for Non - Senior Citizens trends from 9% to 11% for an investment of a minimum of 1 lakh INR up to 1 Crore INR over a period of 5 to 15 years.

Split the remaining 1 Crore and 5 Lakhs (10.5 Million)

1st Part 50 Lakhs goes for the monthly expenses – Opt for Quarterly Payouts

Assuming 9.5% Interest – Yearly interest is 4.5 Lakhs – Monthly - 37500

2nd Part 35 Lakhs goes for Children’s expenses (School, Puberty ceremonies, College etc.)

Opt for 5 years (Yearly Cumulative Interest) – Assuming 10% - Once in every 5 years – 20 Lakhs (Interest)


3rd Part – 20 Lakhs – Save it For Emergency – Accidents, Medical Expenses etc.

Conclusion


 Now you have a solid income of INR 37500 per month, once in every 5 years you will get 20 lakhs, you have 20 Lakhs for expensesin case of emergency. And

The Principal amount 35 lakhs you invested for your children remains untouched.

Isn’t that a happy upper middle class life without going to work?

A Foreign trip once in every 5 years, more money when you child gets into school or college or gets married. If they are willing to work and earn, it’s a double treat then…

Hmmmm…. If only I had those two Crore rupees… ;-) :-P

Or if you have 2 Crores dumped in a bank account, Put it to work....

Question here: “I always wonder what would those Politicians and Business Men do with 100s of Crores (Billions)?”






No comments:

Post a Comment